PDFACompliance class is used to validate PDF documents for PDF/A (ISO 19005:1/2/3) compliance or to convert existing PDF files to PDF/A compliant documents.
The conversion option analyzes the content of existing PDF files and performs a sequence of modifications in order to produce a PDF/A compliant document. Features that are not suitable for long-term archiving (such as encryption, obsolete compression schemes, missing fonts, or device-dependent color) are replaced with their PDF/A compliant equivalents. Because the conversion process applies only necessary changes to the source file, the information loss is minimal. Also, because the converter provides a detailed report for each change, it is simple to inspect changes and to determine whether the conversion loss is acceptable.
The validation option in PDF/A Manager can be used to quickly determine whether a PDF file fully complies with the PDF/A specification according to the international standard ISO 19005:1/2/3. For files that are not compliant, the validation option can be used to produce a detailed report of compliance violations as well as a list of relevant error objects.
- Checks if a PDF file is compliant with PDF/A (ISO 19005:1/2/3) specification.
- Converts any PDF to a PDF/A compliant document.
- Supports PDF/A-1a, PDF/A-1b, PDF/A-2b
- Produces a detailed report of compliance violations and associated PDF objects.
- Keeps the required changes a minimum, preserving the consistency of the original.
- Tracks all changes to allow for automatic assessment of data loss.
- Allows user to customize compliance checks or omit specific changes.
- Preserves tags, logical structure, and color information in existing PDF documents.
- Offers automatic font substitution, embedding, and subsetting options.
- Supports automation and batch operation. PDF/A Converter is designed to be used in unattended mode in high throughput server or batch environments
@interface PTPDFACompliance : NSObject
class PTPDFACompliance : NSObject