The viewer is a viewing and rasterization scroll view component that handles a number of viewing operations including rendering, caching, high level zoom rendering and layout modes.
Viewing represents reading a document and displaying it as the author intended. Through the process of rasterization, it can take document data and convert it into pixels that come together to be rendered on a display.
PDFTron SDK offers the following benefits:
- Interactive PDF Viewing or Rasterization
- Full transparency support (Transparency Groups, Soft Masks, including all supported Blend Modes)
- Core viewing operations (scrolling, panning, zooming, jumping to pages)
- Standard & custom page viewing modes (e.g. single, facing, cover, scrolling, fit-page, fit-width, etc.)
- Extensive support for PDF forms & digital signatures
- Extensive annotation & real-time collaboration support
- Regex text search across a page or an entire document
- Manipulate pages (rotate, crop, move, copy/export, delete, merge documents)
- View PDF separations
- Easy navigation (with thumbnails, bookmarks, links, and history)
- Selective viewing and hiding of contents in different layers (OCGs)
- Security settings (custom encryption & DRM controls, dynamic watermarks)
- PDF/A viewing mode
- Support for R2L (Right to Left) languages (e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, etc)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- PDF Image Export (JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and BMP)
- Advanced image quality and compression settings controlling the rasterization process, allowing the user to choose between the output image quality and rendering speed
- Night, sepia and custom-color mode
- ICC color management
- Overprint control & preview
- Display-list caching (speeding-up viewing of complex documents)
- Direct & serverless rendering support for PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, XPS, plain-text, mark-down, TIFF, and other image formats
- PDF package support
- Pressure-sensitive stylus support
- Infinite Undo/Redo
- Text to Speech Support
- Font-substitution control
To configure the PDFViewCtrl for customizations.
To change the view display mode such as layout, fit, reflow, or to present a UI dialog.
To show a document on-demand as it is partially downloaded providing a fast and responsive viewing experience.
To convert between PDF page and screen coordinates.