Release Date: 2015.09.10
Note: PDFNet 6.5.3 is compiled using Xcode 7 GM. Please ensure your project is compiled with the version of LLVM/Clang that shipped with Xcode 7 GM or greater.
- Do not unzip the archive on a Windows or Linux (or any non-Mac) operating system as the archive's symbolic links will not be maintained, resulting in "header not found" errors.
- This release brings the core PDF functionality to version 6.5.3 of the desktop SDKs. More information regarding core PDF functionality updates can be found on the What's New page.
- Requires iOS 7 or greater.
- Added new beta WordToPDF conversion methods in the PTConvert class. These methods provide a high-quality, high-speed docx to PDF conversion that does not rely on any iOS conversion technlogy (eg UIWebView). Please see the sample WordToPDFTest.m in the "Miscellaneous Samples" Sample app for example usage. We are actively seeking customer feedback on this new feature, so please be in touch via email@example.com if you have any questions, requests or concerns.
- Added improved Right-to-Left reading support, including updates to the PDFViewCtrlTools (for examle in TextSelect).
- The framework does not include bitcode, so projects will need to have the "Enabled Bitcode" option set to No. We will be able to provide a bitcode containing version of the framework to licensed customers. Please contact us if you are a licensed customer and are interested in a version of the framework that contains bitcode.
- New APIs (please see documentation for details):