In this document
This release adds four new custom controls to the open-source tools
library: an annotation toolbar, outline (bookmark) list, annotation
list and thumbnail page navigation slider. These modular controls are
showcased in a new sample app, CompleteReader, which is a full featured PDF
- A set of new controls has been added to the tools library (in the
pdftron.PDF.Controls package). The source code for these controls are
public and can be customized as required. The controls include:
- An AnnotationDialogFragment showing all annotations in a click-able
- An AnnotationToolbar for working with the various annotation creation
- An OutlineDialogFragment showing the outlines (bookmarks view) for
- A ThumbnailSlider that displays a page's thumbnail above the slider.
- A new sample app "Complete Reader" that showcases a full featured PDF
reader, incorporating all of the controls above.
- A signature tool is now included that can add a signature anywhere to a
page. Signatures can also be saved for future use.
- A new RecentlyUsedCache class is added. It works with the PDFViewCtrl to
keep a thumbnail of page 1 of any opened document up to date.
- A new Print utility class that can be used to start print jobs (only
available for Android 4.4 or higher).
- The samples now include gradle build scripts so it is easy to open and run
the projects in Android Studio. The Tools library is kept in the samples
folder to make it easier to run the samples and do quick experiments.
- The way a tool from the tools library is connected to a PDFViewCtrl has
been changed. The PDFViewCtrl.Tool interface was removed and its events
were added to the PDFViewCtrl.ToolManager interface. This change gives
users more control over the events triggered by PDFViewCtrl. Check the
ToolManager implementation for more details.
- PDFViewCtrl.openURL() now supports HTTPS
Requires the Full library version
- PDFNet.setPersistentTempPath() replaced by PDFNet.setPersistentCachePath()
- PDFViewCtrl.setDoc() now throws PDFNetException
- PDFViewCtrl.Tool interface was removed
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.