PDFTron Systems Inc., a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, today announced the availability of PDFNet SDK v.3.5, a high-quality, industry-strength PDF library for PDF creation, manipulation, and rendering.
"We are pleased to release an update to PDFNet SDK that incorporates many new features and capabilities that our customers requested," notes Catherine Andersz, Director of Marketing and Business Development at PDFTron. "With each release, PDFNet SDK is becoming the PDF toolkit for working with PDF."
The new release brings many new features and improvements to the PDF library, with the most significant being in the area of PDF viewing and rendering technology. Using PDFNet SDK 3.5, developers will experience even faster PDF rasterization as well as support for (perfectly smooth/pixel perfect) radial and gouraud mesh shadings. With PDFNet 3.5, it is also easier to customize the PDF viewer in order to implement user-specific functionality, such as custom markup or multimedia annotations, text selection or form field editing.
Other customer-driven enhancements include new features related to font technology, new sample code projects and other incremental improvements. To read more details about the new features in PDFNet SDK 3.5, please see: www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/whatsnew.html.
PDFNet SDK gives software developers a comprehensive and robust PDF toolkit with a simple yet powerful set of options for PDF document manipulation:
- Rasterize and export PDF pages to thumbnails or high-resolution images.
- Print any PDF document.
- PDF viewing with features such as zooming, continuous viewing, and multi-threaded rendering.
- Create compact, web-ready, and secured PDF documents from scratch or by assembling existing PDF content.
- Extract all PDF content, including text positioning, images, fonts, as well as other information.
- Edit existing PDF page content, split and merge pages, and stamp pages with new content.
- Optimize PDF documents using linearization and state-of-the-art compression technologies such as JBIG2 and JPEG2000.
- Process forms. PDFNet SDK can be used to fill in forms and to extract existing data directly or via FDF. Developers can also flatten forms and create new fields with custom appearances.
A comprehensive listing of functionality offered in PDFNet SDK is available at: www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/features.html.
PDFNet SDK is available as a 100% .NET component that can be used from any .NET language and as a cross-platform C/C++ library for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX and other platforms.
linkAvailability of PDFNet SDK
Fully functional, 60-day evaluation versions of PDFNet SDK are available for download at: www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/downloads.html.