PDFTron Systems, a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, today announced the release of a new major version of PDFNet SDK v.3, a high-quality, industry-strength PDF library for PDF creation, manipulation, and rendering.
The new release features a brand new, high-performance, cross-platform rendering engine. "Using the new engine we are able to support all intricacies of the PDF rendering model and provide the same high-fidelity image output on different platforms. This was simply technically not feasible using GDI+ and other major graphics technologies", said Catherine Andersz, Director of Business Development at PDFTron Systems.
Another brand new feature in the new version of PDFNet SDK is a ready-to-use PDF viewing control allowing third-party developers to instantly support the Portable Document Format (PDF) within their own standalone applications.
Other customer-driven enhancements include numerous bug fixes, new sample code projects and other incremental improvements.
Developers can flexibly implement and develop powerful PDF solutions in desktop environments as well as on a wide range of server platforms. PDFNet SDK gives software developers a comprehensive PDF toolkit with a variety of options for PDF document manipulation:
- Create compact, web-ready, and secured PDF documents from scratch or by assembling existing PDF content.
- Extract all information available in PDF documents including text positioning, images, fonts, and other information.
- Edit existing content, stamp text and images, adjust security settings and permissions.
- Optimize PDF documents using linearization and state of the art compression technologies such as JBIG2 and JPEG2000.
- Add instant PDF viewing with features such as zooming, continuous viewing, and multi-threaded rendering.
- Print PDF.
- Rasterize and export PDF pages to thumbnails or high-resolution images.
- Process forms. PDFNet SDK can be used to fill in forms and to extract existing data directly or via FDF.
- Developers can also flatten forms and create new fields with custom appearances.
A comprehensive listing of functionality in PDFNet SDK is available at: www.pdftron.com/pdf-sdk.
PDFNet is available as a 100% .NET component that can be used from any .NET language (e.g. C#, VB.NET) and as a cross-platform C/C++ library for Windows (NT4/2000/XP/2003), Linux, and Mac OS