PDFTron Systems, a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, today announced the release of PDF2Image™ .
PDFTron' s PDF2Image is an easy-to-use, stand-alone command-line utility for converting PDF documents to various raster and vector image file formats. PDF2Image can currently export to BMP, EMF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and WMF, while providing a wide range of options to control the output image size and quality through resolution, color model, color bit depth, anti-aliasing and other settings. Like other PDFTron products, PDF2Image does not rely on any other third-party software and can be used in server environments or as a batch conversion process.
PDFTron Systems offers the same rasterization capability available in PDF2Image as part of PDFNet SDK, enabling you to embed this functionality as part of your application. If you need more functionality beyond that which is provided by the PDF2Image application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on licensing.
Platforms currently supported: Windows 2003/2000/XP/NT.
Headlining the Features Available in PDF2Image:
- Converts PDF to BMP, EMF, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, and WMF
- Supports PDF 1.5 and Acrobat 6 documents
- Supports standard PDF security (40 and 128 bit)
- Support for Unicode and all PDF font formats
- Batch conversion
- Multi-page TIFF output option
- Options to specify the resolution and color depth of the output image
- Options to transform the output image using any affine transform
- Options to fine tune image rendering including text, path, and image smoothing
- Options to render specific page subsets and page ranges
- Option to rasterize different page regions
- Options to control target compression algorithm and quality
Availability of PDF2Image
PDF2Image Command-Line application can be purchased and downloaded directly from http://www.pdftron.com. For full details on PDF2Image, please visit www.pdftron.com/documentation/cli/guides/pdf2image/.
The demo version of PDF2Image is available for download . The demo version' s limitation is that it all images will show a red cross-hair.