Linux users can now take advantage of the reliable and affordable PDF2SVG conversion software from PdfTron Systems, a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, with today" s release of its latest version PDF2SVG™ 1.6.
The newest version of PDF2SVG gives Linux users the same range of features already available to Windows® users, including full generation of e-book navigation. PdfTron Systems" PDF2SVG converter enables users to publish PDF documents in SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics), the open-standard W3C recommendation for high-end graphics on the web. The flawless and easy conversion process produces web-ready SVG documents that retain the exact layout, graphics, fonts and color of the original and allows them to be opened by anyone using freely available SVG viewers and plug-in applications. The self-contained and compact SVG files can be distributed, viewed, edited, stored, published onto web sites and CD-ROMs, and printed on any printer.
PDF2SVG is a stand-alone product available as an easy-to-use GUI (Graphical User Interface) application, as a command-line application, and as a library component that can be embedded into third-party client and server-based solutions and applications.
linkHeadlining the features available in PDF2SVG:
- Flawless and effortless conversion of PDF to SVG; extremely fast
- Automatic e-book style interactive HTML wrappers for converted SVG
- Complete transformation from PDF to an editable SVG document
- Unicode text
- Support for encrypted PDF
- Full color support, including ICC, DeviceN, CMYK, RBG, and Separations
- Font embedding capability for accurate document reproduction or font substitution option for smaller SVG
- Availability of compressed and optimized SVG output
- Raster images can be embedded or linked
- Various SVG rendering options
- Ready for server-side, batch, or one-off conversions
- Supports PDF 1.5 and Acrobat 6 documents
PDFTron saw the need for companies to convert their repositories of PDF documents to an easily accessible and editable SVG format. Due to its flexibility, the SVG format is more suitable than PDF for document management systems and collaborative editing on the web. This propelled PDFTron Systems to develop its PDF2SVG Converter for easy and flawless conversion of PDF to SVG. PDF2SVG can be integrated right into any company" s system allowing unprecedented access to their existing PDF content. This includes cross document searching and indexing, as well as an XML based workflow for easy access to databases for real time changes to current documents. PDF2SVG is particularly useful for publishing e-books and product catalogues, as well as, for dynamic server-side conversion of PDF files to SVG documents.
linkAvailability of PDF2SVG v.1.6
The new version of PDF2SVG is available for US$169, and can be purchased and downloaded directly from www.pdftron.com. The core technology is available for C, C++, C#, Java, VB, and others. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing and delivery of PDF2SVG core technology. For full details on PDF2SVG, please visit www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg.
The demo version of PDF2SVG is available for download at: www.pdftron.com/pdf2svg/downloads.html. The evaluation version has several limitations:
- The demo will expire in 30-days.
- All images will show a red cross-hair.
- Converted text will be missing random characters.
- The file size will be about 20% larger that the size of files generated using the full version.