PdfTron Systems, a leading software developer specializing in PDF, SVG, and PostScript technologies, today announced the release of PDF Secure™ 1.0.
PdfTron's PDF Secure v.1.0 is a stand-alone application and a software component that can be used to add, remove, or change security settings on existing PDF documents or whole directories of documents. PDF Secure is offered as an easy-to-use GUI (Graphical User Interface) application, as a command-line application, and as a library component that can be used as a building block for other client and server-based applications.
- Apply standard PDF?K?40 and 128 bit encryption to any existing PDF document or whole directories of documents.
- Modify security settings (e.g. change passwords and security permissions).
All standard options and permissions can be specified:
- Set or modify user and owner.
- 'Print' and 'high resolution print' permission.
- Modify document's contents.
- Copy or extract text and graphics.
- Add or modify text annotations; fill in interactive form fields.
- Set, create or modify interactive form fields.
- Fill in existing interactive form fields.
- Extract text and graphics (in support of accessibility to disabled users or for other purposes).
- Assemble the document (insert, rotate, or delete pages and create bookmarks or thumbnail images).
- Automatically add or edit document information data such as Author, Subject, Title or Keywords to all processed documents.
- Custom security handlers can be added through an extension mechanism. If you are not satisfied with standard PDF security, a custom security handler can be quickly developed through an easy to use API.
- PDF Secure is based on PdfTron' s PDF.Net, making it extremely efficient.
- Because of built-in support for multi-threading, PDF Secure is a good match for server-based applications.
PDF Secure Desktop application is available for US$49 and the command-line application as well as the library component is available for US$200. All products can be purchased and downloaded directly from www.pdftron.com. The core technology is available for C, C++, C#, Java, VB, and others. For full details on PDF Secure, please visit www.pdftron.com/pdfsecure/.
The demo version of PDF Secure is available for download at: www.pdftron.com/pdfsecure/downloads.html. The demo version' s restriction is that it allows passwords with only two characters and document summary fields with up-to five characters only.