PDFTron Systems Incorporated, a leading global provider of PDF development tools and components, today announced the official release of a new product PDF/A ManagerTM, a PDF/A (ISO 19005-1) validation and conversion software available as a command-line tool and as a software development toolkit.
PDF/A Manager provides a fast and reliable way to produce PDF/A compliant files or to validate PDF/A files against the PDF/A Specification according to the international standard ISO 19005-1.
The conversion option analyses the content of existing PDF files and performs a sequence of modifications in order to produce PDF/A compliant documents. Features that are not suitable for long-term archiving (such as encryption, obsolete compression schemes, missing fonts, or device-dependent color) are replaced with their PDF/A compliant equivalents. Because the conversion process applies only necessary changes to the source file, the information loss is minimal. Also, because the converter provides a detailed report for each change, it is simple for users to inspect changes and to determine whether the conversion loss is acceptable.
The validation option in PDF/A Manager can be used to quickly determine whether a PDF file fully complies with the PDF/A specification according to the international standard ISO 19005-1. For files that are not compliant, the validation feature can be used to produce a detailed report of compliance violations as well as a list of relevant error objects.
PDF/A Manager is an indispensible tool for anyone working with PDF/A. Libraries, newspaper agencies, and government institutions can use PDF/A Manager to automate PDF archiving in high-throughput web applications or server based environments. Maintainers of large collections of existing PDF documents can use PDF/A Manager in batch mode to ensure that all files are suitable for long term archiving.
While PDF/A Manager is a specialized tool for converting and validating PDF/A files, PDFTron also provides full support for the PDF/A standard as part of its flagship product PDFNetTM SDK as well as other products. For example, software developers can use PDF/A Manager SDK or PDFNet SDK API to add a PDF/A export option to their existing PDF export filter.
Key Features of PDF/A Manager:
- Checks if a PDF file is compliant with PDF/A (ISO 19005-1) Specification.
- Converts any PDF (PDF 1.0 to ISO32000) to a PDF/A compliant document.
- Supports both PDF/A-1a and PDF/A-1b.
- Produces a detailed report of compliance violations and associated PDF objects.
- Keeps the required changes to the minimum, preserving the consistency of the original.
- Tracks all changes and allows for automatic assessment of data loss.
- Allows user to customize compliance checks or omit specific changes during the conversion.
- Supports user defined color profiles.
- Offers automatic font substitution, embedding, and subsetting options.
- Supports automation and batch operations, designed to be used in unattended mode in high throughput server or batch environments.
- Includes an option to create linearized (web-optimized) PDF/A documents for viewing online.
For more information on the PDF/A Manager, please visit PDFTron’s website at: http://www.pdftron.com/pdfamanager Availability of PDF/A Manager
Free evaluation versions of PDF/A Manager Command-Line and SDK versions are available for download. PDFTron also offers pricing models for software developers who will be distributing PDF/A Manager as part of their application (OEM/Redistribution), as well as for corporate customers who wish to use PDF/A Manger within their organization (Enterprise/Internal Use).